Acquiring knowledge is crucial if you want to get ahead in life, and if you want to obtain the maximum possible amount of knowledge, you need to start by going to college. A rainy day can sometimes prevent you from getting to class, which can get in the way of you becoming an experienced and well-trained individual. That’s why college students need to look into top-quality rain boots that can ensure they would never miss a single lecture.
Finding the best rain boots for college is no easy task. College students often have specific requirements that other people purchasing rain boots wouldn’t be concerned with. Being loyal to a brand can often result in you buying an inferior product, so you need a better way to ascertain which products would be right for you. We have compiled a list of rain boots that would be perfect for college students. They will allow you to participate in all kinds of outdoor sports even while the weather is terrible, and it also helps you walk long distances, which is something you might frequently have to do in college. After all, many college campuses are quite vast, so you need something that can make walking easy so that you can traverse these distances and still be comfortable enough to pay attention to what your professor is saying.Table could not be displayed.
Best Rain Boots For College Girls and Boys
- Sperry Women’s Saltwater Cozy Plaid Rain Boots For College
The Sperry Women’s Saltwater Cozy Plaid Rain Boots For College uses plenty of soft fabric to maximize comfort. What’s more, is that they also manage to provide warmth and security from the rain, so you wouldn’t have to worry about getting your feet wet while you’re walking to class. The strong laces that these boots come with are highly secure, too, so you wouldn’t have to worry about them coming undone as you are walking.
Another thing that we like about the Sperry Women’s Saltwater Cozy Plaid Rain Boots For College is the side zip. It allows you to wear these boots quickly, and taking them off would become an absolute breeze too. The fur-like design is very aesthetically pleasing, and it’s also quite sturdy. That means that these boots are highly durable. College students usually can’t afford to buy boots frequently, so it’s essential that the pair you buy last as long as possible.
- Half-length instep zipper
- Great fit and nice look
- Fleece lining
- Comfortable, suitable for all-day wear
- Sturdy outsole with a waterproof upper
- Provides warmth to your feet
- Might be slightly tight in the toe region for some buyers
- Somewhat expensive
- Land Chief Women’s Rubber Rain Boots For Wide Calves
Some boots are so well designed that they go a step beyond keeping your feet dry in the rain. They manage to make the rain enjoyable for you as well! The Land Chief Women’s Rubber Rain Boots For Wide Calves are made of rubber, which gives them a durable yet comforting quality. They also come with a foldable elastic sole. The elastic boosts comfort and their foldable nature means that you can store them in your backpack without a care in the world.
The Land Chief Women’s Rubber Rain Boots For Wide Calves also implement an anti-slip design that gives you excellent traction while you’re walking in the mud. It can be frustrating to slip and get mud all over your outfit while you’re on your way to class. These boots can help you avoid such embarrassing situations, and they come with countless other features, which is why we can’t recommend them enough. Suffice it to say that you’ll turn quite a few heads when you’re wearing these boots!
- Waterproof material ready for harsh weather
- Non-slip outsole helps you stay on your feet
- Perfect for city walking
- Stylish design helps you make a fashion statement in college
- Only comes in standard fit
- Not as waterproof as other products but still provides adequate moisture reduction
- Crocs Men’s AllCast Rain Boot For Walking
One thing that stands out about the Crocs Men’s AllCast Rain Boot For Walking is that they’re made of synthetic material. That makes them phenomenally waterproof, and we have tested them several times to make sure that they keep rainwater out. A surprising advantage of these boots is how roomy they are. They leave plenty of room for your toes, thereby increasing breathability, which can significantly boost dryness.
Comfortable and stylish, the Crocs Men’s AllCast Rain Boot For Walking is perfect for men who want to protect their feet from the rain while also complementing any outfit they have put on. They’re suitable for sports, making them great for college students that are on a sports scholarship. These features make them ideal for male college students or girls who opt for a more masculine clothing style. You can wear these boots all day without feeling a drop of moisture on your feet!
- Suitable for outdoor sports
- Wide opening makes them easy to take off or put on
- Lightweight, provides all day comfort
- Sturdy outsole with a bit heel to keep your feet at the right angle
- Versatile, perfect for hunting, fishing and walking in wet conditions
- Only available in a tight fit
- Unsuitable for skinny feet
- TENGTA Unisex Waterproof Rain Boots For College
An essential factor for college students to consider when buying rain boots is that they would usually need to keep them on all day. After all, you probably won’t be able to head back to your dorm room once you set out for your daily classes and lectures. Hence, a significant benefit of the TENGTA Unisex Waterproof Rain Boots For College is that they help keep your feet comfortable and safe, thereby making all-day use easier to deal with.
With a wide range of features that make them well suited to an outdoorsy lifestyle, the TENGTA Unisex Waterproof Rain Boots For College are perfect for college students who play many sports for exercise. The waterproof and breathable nature of these boots can keep your feet perfectly dry and toasty, even if it’s raining heavily outdoors. That can help you keep your grades up because there would be no chance of you missing any of your classes.
- Comes with a versatile range of features
- Stylish design, works with lots of aesthetic preferences
- Flexible and comfortable
- Easy to take on and off
- Sturdy and non-slip outsole
- Great for all sorts of outdoor activities
- Unisex design makes it suitable for both men and women
- Relatively affordable price
- Lacks adequate ankle support
- Doesn’t offer complete calf coverage
- RK Mens Waterproof Rubber Sole Rain Boots For Wide Feet
Lots of college students need to work outside in the heavy rain. You have to earn some money to pay your bills in college after all, and you can’t quit your job just because it’s raining outside. The great thing about the RK Mens Waterproof Rubber Sole Rain Boots For Wide Feet is that they can help you perform all sorts of jobs regardless of whether or not it’s raining, and their wide design makes it easier for people with large feet to feel comfortable while wearing them.
These boots are fully waterproof, and a bonus feature is that they can tackle the harsh cold of winter weather as well. With the RK Mens Waterproof Rubber Sole Rain Boots For Wide Feet, you would never have to worry about frostbite or other cold weather-related injuries. Their unique design means that even people with above-average foot sizes can make the most of them.
- Made with good quality materials
- Perfect for people with larger feet
- Odor reducing feature
- Pull on handles make them easy to wear
- Sturdy slip-resistant outsole prevents injuries
- Specially designed for outdoor workmen
- Unsuitable for casual use
- Might be too sturdy for some college students
- A bit on the expensive side
- Chooka Women’s Mid-Height Memory Foam Rain Boot
Perhaps the most apparent advantage of the Chooka Women’s Mid-Height Memory Foam Rain Boot is that they are so stylish. Going to college can be a highly stressful experience because you would want to make a good impression on everyone you meet. These boots can help you do that by allowing you to look your best, and they are versatile enough to give you a wide range of outfits to choose from. That said, don’t make the mistake of thinking that looks are all these boots have to offer.
The Chooka Women’s Mid-Height Memory Foam Rain Boot uses memory foam for a reason. That reason is that memory foam boosts comfort, so much so that you would feel at ease whenever you put them on. They don’t just keep your feet dry; they keep them relaxed as well. That’s an important feature when you consider how much walking you would need to do while undergoing your college experience.
- Comes in four different colors allowing you to pick whatever suits your outfit best
- Luxurious design
- Perfect for a city and college walking
- Wide opening with a buckle provides an adjustable fit
- Foam insole for maximum all-day comfort
- Warm, dry and durable
- Perfect for wide calves
- Threading could have been better
- Not designed for snow protection
- BOGS Women’s Amanda Slip-on Waterproof Arch Rain Boot
These boots are made from pure textile materials, which gives them a naturalistic, organic feel. That’s not the only thing we loved about the BOGS Women’s Amanda Slip-on Waterproof Arch Rain Boot; we also appreciated the synthetic sole, which offers a lot of comfort. You wouldn’t believe how durable these boots are either! You can jump in puddles, run a mile and even play football with them and you wouldn’t notice the slightest bit of damage.
Its attractive design makes it a must-buy for fashion-conscious college students. You should also note that the BOGS Women’s Amanda Slip-on Waterproof Arch Rain Boot manages to balance style and substance by helping you play sports on top of everything else. They protect your feet from harsh weather and help you focus on your studies, making the rain little more than an afterthought. What’s more, these boots are surprisingly affordable, which is a factor that the average broke college student would undoubtedly appreciate.
- Slip-on design
- Provides great ankle support
- Plush lining offers warmth and comfort
- Synthetic leather sole
- Excellent option for college students
- Organically made, free from skin-irritating chemicals
- Opening is a little tight, people with big thighs might face trouble
- Unsuitable for buyers with flat feet
- Asgard Women’s Ankle Rain Boots For College Use
Rain boots can often be essential components of your outfits, and the Asgard Women’s Ankle Rain Boots For College Use have been built with this in mind. The shaft length of 5.5 inches makes them extremely comfortable, and they would slip on without any trouble. The elastic goring significantly improves breathability and makes these boots perfect for all kinds of rainfall. While they are better suited to moderately cold climates, they can do a decent job in frigid temperatures as well.
The Asgard Women’s Ankle Rain Boots For College Use have a unique outsole that makes them perfect for walking in the mud, and they can help you stick to a routine while in college. Any college student who wants to succeed needs to stick to a routine to get all of their tasks done on time, and these boots are precious because they allow you to do just that in all types of inclement weather.
- Offers 15 color options
- Roomy toe area
- EVA foam insole provides all-day comfort
- Easy to clean, all you need is a wet cloth
- Perfect for style oriented college students
- Versatile features
- Balances comfort and durability
- Suitable for wide feet
- Don’t possess odor reducing features
- Lack of lining reduces breathability
- Sorel Women’s Winter Fancy Lace II Boot Mid Calf
Its D-shaped shoelaces are a unique feature that makes the Sorel Women’s Winter Fancy Lace II Boot Mid Calf stand out, and they are well suited for fitness-oriented college undergrads. The laces aren’t just attractive; their D shape makes them more secure too. It can be frustrating to constantly retie your shoelaces when going to classes, so this is a positive feature for struggling students.
A big part of the college experience is going out and making friends, and you wouldn’t want to waste that opportunity because of a bit of rain. With the Sorel Women’s Winter Fancy Lace II Boot Mid Calf, you wouldn’t have to miss a single social event. Instead, you can go out and make friends and stay confident that your feet will remain dry if a thunderstorm appears. These boots are great even when it’s not raining because they’re designed to be all-purpose feet accessories.
- D-shaped lace keeps your feet safe
- Sturdy design
- Adjustable straps provide easy access
- Offer both warmth and comfort
- Lightweight, suitable for college students on the go
- Works in rain and snow
- Slip-resistant outsole
- Very expensive
- Unsuitable for people with high arches
- Rocky Original Ride Lacer Waterproof Western Boots
These boots come in an attractive tan color, which makes them very versatile for college students. Our research helped us discover that the Rocky Original Ride Lacer Waterproof Western Boots can keep your feet completely dry, but dryness is not the only factor worth considering here. You want your feet to stay warm in the rain as well, and that’s another thing that these boots can help you with. Your toes would be quite toasty when you have these boots on.
Suitable for college students and working professionals, the Rocky Original Ride Lacer Waterproof Western Boots offer a lot to desire. They work great in the heavy rain without being overly bulky, which most college students would love because heavy boots can make getting to class on time a nightmare. A 9-inch shaft and a 1.75 inch raised heel to complement the rest of the features, and what’s more, it has a rustproof steel shank for added durability and support. Suffice it to say that these boots provide the complete package because there is very little that we didn’t like about them.
- Uses waterproof full-grain leather
- Comes with a heel stabilizer for added comfort and stability
- Great for working professionals and college students alike
- Sturdy slip-resistant outsole helps you walk with confidence
- Stylish design is suitable for all occasions including casual wear
- The arch might be too high for some
- Somewhat difficult to put on or take off
- Hunter Women’s Original Short Gloss Rain Boots
The glossy finish in the Hunter Women’s Original Short Gloss Rain Boots helps boost waterproofing, and it also makes these boots look pretty spectacular. You would be hard-pressed to find boots that look this good, and those are just two of the three benefits that you would get from their glossy exterior. The third benefit is that it makes these boots easier to clean. College students usually don’t have enough time to clean their shoes for hours, so this feature can make their lives much more manageable.
The Hunter Women’s Original Short Gloss Rain Boots possess a charming design, and they’re also quite comfortable. You can wear them all day without your feet getting sore, and they are well suited to outdoor activities too. Their low-maintenance design and stylish look make them perfect if you want to buy a single pair that would last you the entire rainy season, and their numerous features are well suited to the demands of college campus life.
- Keeps your feet dry
- Glossy exterior provides waterproofing, style and ease of use
- Can be cleaned in an instant
- Non-slip outsole perfect for taking walks in the rain
- Lacks adequate arch support
- Unsuitable for wide feet
- Doesn’t come in a diverse range of sizes
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need rain boots for college?
You need to have a fully stocked wardrobe with all the necessary clothing supplies if you want to succeed in college. Rain boots can complete your outfit and provide you waterproofing and protection from the rain. They’re necessary for students that go to universities in areas that are prone to rainfall.
2. How will rain boots help me?
You can’t miss a single class while you’re in college. Doing so could jeopardize your future career, so if it starts to rain you would still have to attend your lectures. Not having rain boots can make your feet cold and sore which might lead to you falling sick. A good pair of boots can help you by allowing you to keep your attendance rate up while safeguarding your precious health.
3. Can I make do with one pair?
You can buy multiple pairs of rain boots if you want, but this is usually unnecessary. One pair of top-notch rain boots is usually enough. Purchasing more than one usually has more to do with stylistic variation rather than practicality.
Our list of rain boots contains all kinds of offerings that keep the needs of college students in mind. A student likely can’t afford something overly expensive, so we have taken care to avoid those options in the list. We have also attempted to cater to time constraint-related needs, efficiency, comfort and all sorts of other factors that college students need to consider to make their boots worth their while.